Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Murali777
Helper III
Helper III

Multiple AND condition in Visual level filter

Hi All,

I'm working on the existing powerbi project and it contains Multiple AND condition in the visual level filter. But when i'm recreating the same in the New Powerbi report, I couldn't able to add more than 2 filters. Please find the screenshot below for your reference. Kindly guide me how to add more than two advance filtering option in the visual level filter like in below screenshot.

Murali777_0-1646297289785.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vojtechsima
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello, @Murali777 ,
You gotta trick the Power BI first, you select 3 random values in Basic Filtering and then you go to Advanced Filtering and you will now have 3 options:

vojtechsima_0-1646298656473.pngvojtechsima_1-1646298668701.png

This threat was dealing with it first:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Create-an-advanced-filter-with-more-than-2-options/m-p/7711...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

But once you clear the filter, it goes back to only 2 options

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi the AND filter besically creates a subset of values that fullfills the two AND condition simultaneously. This is why the addition to the third AND filter is limited. 

vojtechsima
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello, @Murali777 ,
You gotta trick the Power BI first, you select 3 random values in Basic Filtering and then you go to Advanced Filtering and you will now have 3 options:

vojtechsima_0-1646298656473.pngvojtechsima_1-1646298668701.png

This threat was dealing with it first:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Create-an-advanced-filter-with-more-than-2-options/m-p/7711...

Goddam this software is stupid

Hello Sir,

Thanks for the solution. It is working as expected.

@vojtechsima this is great. Would you consider this a bug or a missing feature 😀?

Thanks,

Moiz
Was I able to answer your question? Mark my post as a solution to help others. Kudos if you liked the solution.

@moizsherwani ,
I would say, it's never a bug, it's always a feature 😀

moizsherwani
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Murali777 I have never seen anything like this (maybe a bug from a previous version?). Normally if you had to put multiple filters on a visual I would propose

(1) creating a measure with those filters and applying it to the visual

(2) dragging the same field multiple times on a visual and have those multiple "is not" conditions 

Would love to hear from the other experts here

Thanks,

Moiz
Was I able to answer your question? Mark my post as a solution to help others. Kudos if you liked the solution.
tej147
Frequent Visitor

Hi Murali,

The trick is 

Step 1 In Basic Filtering, select any 3 checkboxes (just for now)

Step 2 Now change the option to Advance filtering

Step 3 You will see 3 conditions.

If you found this helpul, please accept this as a solution and give kudos!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.