Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

khush19
Resolver I
Resolver I

Multi Language in PUSH dataset

I have a real time Hybrid dataset,When i open that dataset in POWERBI desktop , Most of the options(Enterdata,Getdata,New parameters..) are disabled because of Real Time dataset.

I want to implement MultiLanguage thing in the report.

How to do this?

Below thing I tried:

• While Pushing the data into POWERBI ,I am creating extra column called language and adding text ('en-US,ZH-CN')
  • In the Report,I create measure
Column= SWITCH(
TRUE(),
ISERROR ( FIND ("zh-CN", MIN(RealTimeDataset[Column]))) <>  TRUE(), "柱",
ISERROR ( FIND ("en-US", MIN(RealTimeDataset[Column]))) <>  TRUE(), "Column"
)
  • But the problem is it contain both en-US and zh-CN so through query filter URL when i pass

&filter=Dataset/Column in 'zh-CN'

OR else write this

&filter=Dataset/Column in 'en-US'

both gives Chinese.

How to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Yingjie,

Thanks for your time,below is the scenario:

I have a real time Hybrid dataset,When i open that dataset in POWERBI desktop , Most of the options(Enterdata,Getdata,New parameters..) are disabled because of Real Time dataset.As below you can see even i cnt edit query or do modelling

Capture.PNG

So for example ,

Malaysia is our Customer and  at admin portal they can select  in which language they want to see financial data (english,Chinese or Malay).

i can think of 2 option for this ,which i tried:

1: create 3 powers bi reports with 1 data set ,one in english,then in Chinese and one in Malay 

Disadvantage :if we have more customers with multi language ,need to create multiple report

2: pass 3 rows in push dataset with different language code,and in query filter url pass the required language code. And in report write DAX to switch based on filter

so in URL will pass :

&filter=RealTimeDataset/Language eq 'en-us'

and inside my report will create a measure:

Payment =

SWITCH (
    TRUE (),DatasetName[Language]="En-US" then "Payment",
DatasetName[Language]="zh-CH" then "付款")
below is the way data will be stored in POwerBI dataset
Capture2.PNG

Disadvange: Push has limit of 200K and and it will have multiple customer data ,i dnt want to fill the limit with unwanted data. 

so if the user want data to be shown in chinese ,it should dispaly :

Capture1.PNG

and if user select english ,then it should display english.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @khush19 ,

You can modify your calculate column like this:

Column = SWITCH(

TRUE(),

ISERROR(FIND("zh-CN",'Table'[Language])) <> TRUE(),"柱",

ISERROR(FIND("en-US",'Table'[Language])) <> TRUE(),"Column"

)

When you use filter in URL, you can modify your filter like this:

?filter=Table/Language eq 'en-US'

OR ?filter=Table/Language eq 'zh-CN'

The following result may be your expected:

column.pngcolumn2.png

Here is the demo, please try it:

PBIX 

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yingjl,

For me same customer can switch between english and chinese.

so for same row i need to store it in Engish and chinese

Column  en-US   A

柱            zh-CN  A

As in PUSH datset we have limit of 200K,I dnt want to store a single record in 2 rows.

Is there any way ,i can store the filter value in URL and which using switch in DAX can use it?

Like in my language column i will add both en-Us,zh_CN such that filter url work but some how i can get that filter value passed from application and based on that value apply switch

Hi @khush19 ,

I'm not certain whether can create table like this or you can provide some sample data

muti language.png

And you want to achieve it by a calculate column or a measure

Willing to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yingjie,

Thanks for your time,below is the scenario:

I have a real time Hybrid dataset,When i open that dataset in POWERBI desktop , Most of the options(Enterdata,Getdata,New parameters..) are disabled because of Real Time dataset.As below you can see even i cnt edit query or do modelling

Capture.PNG

So for example ,

Malaysia is our Customer and  at admin portal they can select  in which language they want to see financial data (english,Chinese or Malay).

i can think of 2 option for this ,which i tried:

1: create 3 powers bi reports with 1 data set ,one in english,then in Chinese and one in Malay 

Disadvantage :if we have more customers with multi language ,need to create multiple report

2: pass 3 rows in push dataset with different language code,and in query filter url pass the required language code. And in report write DAX to switch based on filter

so in URL will pass :

&filter=RealTimeDataset/Language eq 'en-us'

and inside my report will create a measure:

Payment =

SWITCH (
    TRUE (),DatasetName[Language]="En-US" then "Payment",
DatasetName[Language]="zh-CH" then "付款")
below is the way data will be stored in POwerBI dataset
Capture2.PNG

Disadvange: Push has limit of 200K and and it will have multiple customer data ,i dnt want to fill the limit with unwanted data. 

so if the user want data to be shown in chinese ,it should dispaly :

Capture1.PNG

and if user select english ,then it should display english.

Thanks

Hi @khush19 ,

Based on my opinion, your two options are both available. Compared two options, I think option 1 is better although sometimes need to create multi reports. However, if try option2, the report will produce multi records when add a new record including multi language types.

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.