Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

raja_2310

Move from Summary Report to Detail report using switch functionality with same filter

Hello Experts,
I have a summary report and also detailed report for both the report we have same slicers.
The requirement is to have a button which will route from summary report to detail report with the same filter conditions/selections.

I was able to achieve first part by switch functionality but filter condition is getting reset in Detail report.

raja_2310_0-1669201240535.jpeg

raja_2310_1-1669201440030.png

For example in the screenshot if I select a Fiscal Year and particular sold to in summary report, I need a same selections in detail report as well .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @raja_2310 ,

Please check if the feature "cross-report drillthrough" can achieve your requirement... Before do that, please remeber to enable cross-report drillthrough option first: Go to File > Options and settings > Options, select Allow visuals in this report to use drillthrough targets from other reports under Cross-report drillthrough in Report settings tab.

Use cross-report drillthrough in Power BI

Enable cross-report drillthroughEnable cross-report drillthrough

yingyinr_1-1669881125530.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
raja_2310

Hi Amit,

Above link was to drill through from one page to another page in same report.

My requirement is to drill through from one report to another report, here the tables are different between the reports but column name is same also when we do drill through filter condition from report 1 should be taken automatically in report 2. IS there any way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Senthil

Hi @raja_2310 ,

Please check if the feature "cross-report drillthrough" can achieve your requirement... Before do that, please remeber to enable cross-report drillthrough option first: Go to File > Options and settings > Options, select Allow visuals in this report to use drillthrough targets from other reports under Cross-report drillthrough in Report settings tab.

Use cross-report drillthrough in Power BI

Enable cross-report drillthroughEnable cross-report drillthrough

yingyinr_1-1669881125530.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@raja_2310 , Sync slicer and navigate button or drill through

Looking at what you want drill through seems like a better option

Power BI Drill Through - More than one level: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCAAvpppQmk

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.