Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PaulPBI88
Frequent Visitor

Monthly trend line with average revenue between 2 dates

Hi all, 

I have the following challenge. I have a data set with contract information with a start and end date and the total revenue of the contract.

What I want to show now is a trend line of the monthly fee per contract (so x-axis average revenue p/m, and y-axis the year+month). I have already created some other metrics like average monthly fee, total number of months, etc (see example below).

The challenge I have is getting a visual that spreads the revenue of the contract over all the month in between (so for contract A in the attached example, Jan18 is 1k, Feb18 is 1k, and so on, which i can then show on a trend line).

power bi example.PNG

Thank you for your support!

Regards, Paul 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PaulPBI88
Frequent Visitor
3 REPLIES 3
PaulPBI88
Frequent Visitor
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@PaulPBI88,

You may drag date from a calendar table and apply virtual relationship in DAX to add an appropriate measure.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Sam, 

Thank you for message! Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work. I have tried to do this, but everytime i try it only takes the start date or end date as specific date values. So it doesn't spread it between the two dates. any idea how i could solve this? 

Thank you in advance! 

Regards, 

Paul 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors