Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

forti4040
Helper III
Helper III

Monthly Resource Allocation

Hello All,

I have a large set of data tied to project names, employees, resource loading, and start/end dates of those projects. I'd like to be able to graph the work efforts of the employees over a given period of time. 

Example:

Employee 1 works on Project A and it takes 50% of their capacity. Project A starts on 1/1/2019 and ends on 6/1/2019. I would want to reflect on a graph that Employee 1 is at a 50% loading every month between 1/1/2019 and 6/1/2019.

How do I extrapolate the loading information across every month occuring between the Start/Finish dates? Right now I can only figure out how to assign the loading to EITHER the Start OR Finish dates. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@forti4040 ,

@forti4040 wrote:

Hello All,

I have a large set of data tied to project names, employees, resource loading, and start/end dates of those projects. I'd like to be able to graph the work efforts of the employees over a given period of time. 

Example:

Employee 1 works on Project A and it takes 50% of their capacity. Project A starts on 1/1/2019 and ends on 6/1/2019. I would want to reflect on a graph that Employee 1 is at a 50% loading every month between 1/1/2019 and 6/1/2019.

How do I extrapolate the loading information across every month occuring between the Start/Finish dates? Right now I can only figure out how to assign the loading to EITHER the Start OR Finish dates. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Could you please share more details about your requirement and post some sample data for further analysis?

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuta-msft  thanks for the reply, 

Here is a link to an excel file that is an example of the data: We Transfer Link

The data highlighted in yellow would be existing in my query. All other data would need to be calculated by Power BI. The gist being that I have a loading and a start/finish date, but I need to apply that loading every month between the start/finish date. Then I can graph that loading across a monthly basis. I've also attached a screenshot of my sample data in case that's helpful. Capture.PNG

Hope this makes sense...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.