Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Model View not showing relationships / limitations moving tables in model view (bug?)

Hello

All of the relationships between my tables on the model view have disappeared and are no longer visible when I navigate to the model view. Additionally, new tables are stuck and are overlapped in the top left corner of the view. 

ekretsch_0-1690217216392.png

Although the table relationships are not visible, the functionality still exists within the reports.

Is this a bug? I have cleared cache, updated PBI desktop, restarted. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It’s a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.
Relationship Lines Missing in Model Viewer in Vers... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Geepickle

Hello,

For whats its worth, i had the same issue, so  i opened up the "manage Relationships" Tab from the model view and removed the 'auto detect' relationships that Power Bi had generated when i created a new table in Power Query. My relationship visual lines returned.

LMcQ
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem, is there a work around? how long will it take to resolve?

v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It’s a known issue . The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.
Relationship Lines Missing in Model Viewer in Vers... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

For versions July 2023 and later, if relationship lines have disappeared:

1. Go to model view. 

2. In the All Tables layout, drag tables out of the upper top left-hand corner of the layout. As soon as you do, notice that each table, as it is moved out of the upper top left-hand corner, acquires a relationship line. When all tables have been moved away from the upper top left-hand corner of the layout, all relationship lines in the model will reappear.

3. For cases where the All Tables layout contains more than 50 tables, relationship lines that share the same space as tables not a part of the relationship will now "go behind" such tables (unlike in models of 50 or fewer tables where the relationship lines are drawn around non-related tables).

4. If you have more than 50 tables in your model, consider leaving the All Tables layout alone and creating additional layouts that use a subset of tables that still model the relationships, but where you can organize the tables so relationship lines run directly between their endpoints.

For me personally, when building data models with more than 50 tables (a common occurrence), I am going to take it as a hint that the All Tables layout is probably too congested (at least for others taking over the maintenance of the model) and that the data model can take advantage of the additional layouts feature when relationships need additional clarification.

pjg
Frequent Visitor

Thank you. An annoying bug.
I had new tables populate into top left of the model view, moved them both out of the top left and all relationships then displayed.

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

This is the second request on the same topic in the last few days.

If the permissions are correct and you upload a model file and do not connect to it as a data set and only contains a report, consider reporting it as an issue here :

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

a similar request from last few days is on a linked discussion:

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Problem-with-Model-View-in-Power-BI/m-p/3344772#M1115458

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.