Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DouweMeer
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Missing filter pane

So in 1 report I do have the filter pane, but the other isn't showing. 

I've looked everywhere, but I can't find the difference in settings that might have triggered it. The preview function for 'new filter experience' is switched off for both. 

If I know how to enable it, I will also find out how to disable it :). I don't like it. Especially in Desktop I don't want it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In order to disable the new filter experience, you must disable the option in the report settings under current file

C1.PNG

In order to find this option you must enable the filtering experience under the preview feature option

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bubinsabu

option & settings in file > option > current file > report settings > enable persistant filters

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@DouweMeer if you created report recently with new powerbi version, by default filter pane is new experience, but report authored in the past will have old and new filter experience. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k  so how would I disable it for an existing report? 

In order to disable the new filter experience, you must disable the option in the report settings under current file

C1.PNG

In order to find this option you must enable the filtering experience under the preview feature option

Oo thank you @Gordonlilj . I've been looking so long for this... 

But a bit weird. I'm curious who came up with this brilliant piece of engineering. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.