Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

PetrK
Helper II
Helper II

Missing columns in function

Hi,

I have table with more than 20 columns with string values, but when I want to create new measure to get length of string in some of columns

myLenght = Len(...

PBI doesn't display any columns which are in table. It offer for selection just a few measures which I created before.

Why I can't use any column from my table?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@PetrK,

Measures require that you use an aggregate function to reference a column. For example, you can use the MAX function followed by the column name. Alternatively, you can create a calculated column which has a row context, and thus no aggregate function is required.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PetrK
Helper II
Helper II

thank you

DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@PetrK,

Measures require that you use an aggregate function to reference a column. For example, you can use the MAX function followed by the column name. Alternatively, you can create a calculated column which has a row context, and thus no aggregate function is required.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.