Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rajkumarg1991
Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Power BI - Financial Year Calculation (2023 April - 2024 March) need to be show in report

Dear mates,

One of the column in my table is having Financial Year and Date. That needs to be transformed into "Current Financial Year". If the Financials year exist in between 2023 April - 2024 March in 'Date' column.

Financial Year =

IF(IF(MONTH(TODAY()) <=3,YEAR(TODAY())-1 & "-" & YEAR(TODAY()),YEAR([Date]) & "-" & YEAR(TODAY()) + 1) =

IF(MONTH([Date]) <=3,YEAR([Date])-1 & "-" & YEAR([Date]),YEAR([Date]) & "-" & YEAR([Date]) + 1),"Current Financial Year",

IF(MONTH([Date]) <=3,YEAR([Date])-1 & "-" & YEAR([Date]),YEAR([Date]) & "-" & YEAR([Date]) + 1))

And its working fine until 31/12/2023 after that its showing 2023-2024 in the Financial Year column. It needs to be showed "Current Financial Year" and  transformed until 31/3/2024(Date) in the Financial year column.

Below shown table is from Power Bi,

Screenshot 2023-04-17 144641.png

Please someone help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @rajkumarg1991 

You can try the following methods.

Start date of the financial year = IF(MONTH([Date])<4,DATE(Year([Date])-1,4,1),DATE(Year([Date]),4,1))
Financial year = IF(YEAR([Start date of the financial year])=Year(TODAY()),"Current Financial Year",YEAR([Date])-1 & "-" & YEAR([Date]))

vzhangti_1-1681886544179.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

rajkumarg1991
Frequent Visitor

Dear Team,
I got it. Thank you so much! for helping it out.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rajkumarg1991
Frequent Visitor

Dear Team,
I got it. Thank you so much! for helping it out.

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @rajkumarg1991 

You can try the following methods.

Start date of the financial year = IF(MONTH([Date])<4,DATE(Year([Date])-1,4,1),DATE(Year([Date]),4,1))
Financial year = IF(YEAR([Start date of the financial year])=Year(TODAY()),"Current Financial Year",YEAR([Date])-1 & "-" & YEAR([Date]))

vzhangti_1-1681886544179.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.