Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ayb
Regular Visitor

Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: Access to the path denied

Hi,

I import regularly the Excel files from local D Drive into Power BI Desktop. This had worked until few days before and now all my old Power BI Desktop files have connection problem in Query Editor. There has been no change in installation or anything in my laptop. The latest PBIDesktop version is installed from last month. The problem is not clear to me.

Below picture of the connection probelm in Query Editor

ayb_0-1657623111782.png

Has any one faced similar issue or has a solution would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ayb
Regular Visitor

I was now able to solve this problem. Turns out that the Firewall was considering the Microsoft.Mashup.Container.NetFX45.exe as a ransomware and shut it off. Hence everytime in Query Editor the data was refreshed or an excel was imported the error message popped up. My computer has Sophos End Point Agent. The firewall was then given a provisional rule for this exe file to access C drive and problem was solved.

thanks all for giving it a try.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ayb
Regular Visitor

I was now able to solve this problem. Turns out that the Firewall was considering the Microsoft.Mashup.Container.NetFX45.exe as a ransomware and shut it off. Hence everytime in Query Editor the data was refreshed or an excel was imported the error message popped up. My computer has Sophos End Point Agent. The firewall was then given a provisional rule for this exe file to access C drive and problem was solved.

thanks all for giving it a try.

ayb
Regular Visitor

Please note this problem is occuring only with excel files. Text files have no such issues till now. I use Office 365 Tools since a year and nothing is  changed since then.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ayb , check there are no windows pending patches. if there is any install those.

Reinstall power bi once and try again

Hi Amit

Yes, I first deinstalled and reinstalled the same version, did not work. Then I installed an older version and that too didn't work

ayb
Regular Visitor

Forgot to mention. The windows patch is checked every and hence is always up to date.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.