Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Adrian_n

Metrics visual not finding existing scorecards

I am trying to use the "metrics visual" available as preview. 

In power bi desktop, when I click "add metrics" and then "browse metrics", none of my existing scorecards come up.

This message comes up:

The current Power BI session can no longer be used to communicate with the Power BI service because of a service modification. You must close and re-open your browser to start a new session.

I restarted my browser and logged back into the power bi service, restarted power bi desktop and signed in, but I still can't see my scorecards and the same message comes up. 

I can create a new scorecard within the metrics visual, however when I try to add another visual, it also can't see the scorecard I just created.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Adrian_n

Hi Xiaoxin,

Thanks for your reply.

How many accounts do you log in to power bi service at the current web browser?

I only log into 1. To make sure I logged out of the account. went back to powerbi.com and signed into the account again and tried to use the visual with the same result.

Have you enabled the 'stay login' and remember account feature on the web browsers?

Yes I typically have the 'stay logged in' option on but I just unchecked it, tried again and also tried in 'private browser' mode, with no success.

Are any proxy or VPN or dual network connections enabled to your device or web browsers?

No

According to your error messages, this issue seems related to the network and these reasons may affect the network status and make it unstable.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Adrian_n,

Can you please share some more detail about these to help us clarify and troubleshoot your scenarios?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

How many accounts do you log in to power bi service at the current web browser?

Multiple accounts log in to the same web browser may cause conflict when API invoking the existing sessions and caches.

Have you enabled the 'stay login' and remember account feature on the web browsers?

These saved accounts may cause issues when power bi redirection with SSO features. You can test these in private mode to exclude this.

Are any proxy or VPN or dual network connections enabled to your device or web browsers?

According to your error messages, this issue seems related to the network and these reasons may affect the network status and make it unstable.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.