Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jojog
Frequent Visitor

Metrics Dashboard - Actual vs Target Percent

I'm using the Power BI Metrics Dashboard section to track actual/target figures with a fluctuating target. Whenever I add a new metric and link the 'Current' and 'Next Milestone' fields to Target and Actual fields in my report, the Status always says '86-99.99%' even though the percent achieved is much lower. eg here you can see that with an Actual of 241 and a Next Milestone of 344 which is 70%, it should have a status of 66-75% but instead:

test1.png

I've been able to get around this by clicking 'Set up Rules' for Statuses and then manually inputting what each of the percentages actually means, which then works, as below:

test2_statussetup.png

Here's one using my manually created statuses, working beautifully:

test3.png

However this can't be how I'm supposed to be doing it surely? Aren't the Statuses supposed to work automatically? Another problem is that I haven't been able to work out how to copy my manually created statuses to another metric so I have to set this up manually for each one, which is very time consuming.

I must be doing something wrong? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jojog ,

By my test and description in the official document, status in the scorecard is something we should choose manually if no rules has been set, but not a metric can change automatically.

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks but I have already read the documentation you linked to. As mentioned, I already know how to customise the statuses and and have done for other metrics to make them work. I want to use the default statuses and they aren't working.

As the document you linked to says, customisation is for scenarios where the built in statuses "aren't right for your organization’s needs".  But they should be right for my needs - they just aren't working. Why is BI giving the metric below a status of 86-99.99% when it works out now at 69%?

test4.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.