Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Chanleakna123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

1.PNG

I really don't understand why BI shows the message Dataformat error. the source comes from Excel. it is okay when i load the data , once i unpivot it and Split the columns with Custom " ; " into each rows , it shows me the message like this. 

can you all let me know know to settle this ? 
i Stuck for 4 hours alr. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

If I am not mistaken, you just need to delete the Changed Type step after split in the Applied Steps. I always encounter this error and that always solves my problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

If I am not mistaken, you just need to delete the Changed Type step after split in the Applied Steps. I always encounter this error and that always solves my problem.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Chanleakna123 ,

In PBI all the errors go to a separate folder with different tables when you do the upload of the model.

Make the upload of the model, and on the end it will send a error message that a number of erros where found and upload to the tables identified. Click on the link of that error message, and it will open the table of errors.

Once on the table you can see what cell have the error. Be advise that if you want to see the errors details you need to click on the cell but not on the error text itself, the description of the error will appear on the bottom of the screen.

then just need to go back to your original table and correct the error, normally you need to change formats or something similar.

errors.gif

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.