Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Oros
Post Patron
Post Patron

Merge customers

Hello,

We have the same customers that have accounts in the system.  We would like to make sure that Power Bi pulls a report based on the total of the same customer with multiple accounts.  Do we need to have a 'customer conversion' table to be able to merge or consolidate the records when building a Power Bi report.

In the example below, we would like to see just two (2) totals.  Customer #1 (ABC COMPUTERS + COMPUTER ABC + PC ABC) and Customer #2 (XYZ RETAIL + RETAIL INC.)

Thanks.

Oros_0-1634239000899.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Oros 

You need to have a table to have a unique name for each customer and match the unique name to the multiple accounts it may have. Or is there any rule we can follow to add a new customer name column based on CUSTOMERS column? In this new column, we can have a unique name e.g. "Customer ABC" for "ABC COMPUTERS"&"COMPUTERS ABC"&"PC ABC" and "Customer XYZ" for "XYZ RETAIL"&"RETAIL INC.". 

After you have prepared above name-accounts matching, add unique name column and sales column into a table visual, you will have only two totals. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

smpa01
Super User
Super User

@Oros  you need  a dimCustomer tbl for that-> create relationship with Fact->bring axis from dim->aggregate on fact

Customer Alpha Name Customer
a1 a
1a a
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Proud to be a Super User!
My custom visualization projects
Plotting Live Sound: Viz1
Beautiful News:Viz1, Viz2, Viz3
Visual Capitalist: Working Hrs

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.