cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fabric is Generally Available. Browse Fabric Presentations. Work towards your Fabric certification with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

tpmobley
Regular Visitor

Merge Columns from Multiple Tables

I have a data model with multiple sources. These sources all have the same field names. I'm needing to create a new table that merges certain columns of interest into one. Here is a simplified example of what I mean:

Table1

colorheightweight
blue6 ft125 lbs
green1 ft600 lbs

Table2

colorheightweight
yellow5 ft200 lbs
purple12 ft4 lbs

Table3

colorheightweight
orange7 ft3 lbs
black8 ft12 lbs

New_Table

colorweight
blue125 lbs
green600 lbs
yellow200 lbs
purple4 lbs
orange3 lbs
black12 lbs

I've tried using Merge Queries in Power Query Editor, but as far as I can tell this only merges two tables. What I need is to be able to extract columns from multiple tables to show in a combined new table. Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Syk
Super User
Super User

You need to be using Append Queries. You can combine multiple tables and it should give you exactly what you want!

Syk_0-1673536241328.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Syk
Super User
Super User

You need to be using Append Queries. You can combine multiple tables and it should give you exactly what you want!

Syk_0-1673536241328.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI November 2023 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - November 2023

Check out the November 2023 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Community News

Fabric Community News unified experience

Read the latest Fabric Community announcements, including updates on Power BI, Synapse, Data Factory and Data Activator.

Dashboard in a day with date

Exclusive opportunity for Women!

Join us for a free, hands-on Microsoft workshop led by women trainers for women where you will learn how to build a Dashboard in a Day!

Power BI Fabric Summit Carousel

The largest Power BI and Fabric virtual conference

130+ sessions, 130+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI and Fabric. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors