Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measures in table are filtering graphs but not other tables

Hello,

I have a list of companies with different status.

So I created 2 measures: 

# of companies on-time = COUNTROWS(FILTER(Source1,Source1[Status] in {"On-time","TBD"}))
# of late companies = COUNTROWS(FILTER(Source1,Source1[Status] <> "On-time"))

I want to be able to display the list of companies that match that measure. I created 2 graphs to display each measure and 2 tables (one to display both measures and one to display only the names) But when I click on the table with measures, it doesnt filter the table with just the names. Any ideas ?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have built a simply data sample, please share more detail information to help us clarify your scenario.

filter.gif

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Any updates?

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have built a simply data sample, please share more detail information to help us clarify your scenario.

filter.gif

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , If the first table only have measure it will not filter name on second table.

Add name on 1st table

if you have name in table 1

if the name is dimension means 1-side (in 1-M, single direction) , it will not filter. make it bi-directional

Or check are interaction working between two visuals 

Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes sense.

Is there a way to change the measures so they affect the company names in the other table? Like I need to get a list of which companies the measures are applying to

I can get that info by filtering using the graphs, but its hard for users to click the right point they need

@Anonymous , Once you use to measure with name, it should filter the name which is limited to that.

You can create a measure slicer to change the measure and check ( You can use orientation - horizontal to make it look like a button )

measure slicer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9352Vxuj-M
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Slicer-MTD-QTD-YTD-to-filter-dates-using-the-slicer/td-p/500115
https://radacad.com/change-the-column-or-measure-value-in-a-power-bi-visual-by-selection-of-the-slicer-parameter-table-pattern

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.