Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

urpratibha
Regular Visitor

Measures in Tabular Model showing as calculated columns when imported to Power BI

When I click get data and select a cube created (tabular model which has dimensions and measures), the measures show as Calculated column and when pulled to create the dashboard shows wrong values. Can you help me fix this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @urpratibha,

As you are connecting to SSAS tabular via "Import data" option, all selected items are imported to Power BI and the measure created in tabular will be treated as a column. If you want to use measure, you need to create it in Power BI Desktop. In your scenario, you can connect to tabular via "Connect live" option. In this way, measures will display in Power BI Desktop Fields list. For more information, please refer to this article: Analysis Services Tabular data in Power BI Desktop.

Based on my test, when we import tabular data to Power BI desktop, the measure value will display correct, you can check it in Data page within the desktop before display in a visual.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@urpratibha Try creating a new Tabular model and see if the issue still exists ! If Yes, contact Microsoft support person.

I haven't find this issue anytime when dealing with Tabular model. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.