Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measures for Time Intelligence/ Calculation Groups

Hello there, 

I am trying to create measures for Time Intelligence - However all my measures show me same values despite having proper formulae. I have a raw data which has 2 columns - fiscal year and fiscal period. I have merged these 2 columns to create a FiscalYearPeriod to establish connection with a Date table (I am only able to establish many to many relationship). The Date table has a FiscalYearPeriod Column. Our Fiscal year starts from August so 1/08 is fiscally 1/01 for us. Please find attached the link to the data. I would appreciate any sort of help here. (PS: I did try creating a Fiscal Date column in Raw Data table to try to establish a many to one relationship but that doesn't change the o/p. Also I have consolidated 2021,2022 and 2023 data into a new table RawData in PowerBI)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TTqNslHf-I477czkR5JJf4E7ZMOqCi0b?usp=share_link 

vyaskhyatis1_0-1674182184226.png

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , For YTD you have try measures like

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"07/31"))
Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year),"07/31"))

FY period and sort should do rest

:Calculation Groups- Measure Slicer, Measure Header Grouping, Measure to dimension conversion. Complex Table display : https://youtu.be/qMNv67P8Go0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.