Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

campbell_carson

Measures Table Disappearing

Hi Community

Relatively new to PowerBI so not sure if this issue is being caused by something I am doing or if it is a bug.

I have created a new table in my pbix file to store measures which I create on the fly to use in visuals later.  The file I am using I have been using for several weeks but now when I go to the relationships tab this measures table disappears.

I have read the message Power BI Desktop - intermittent bug - measures disappearing but the refresh solution does not work.  This message was from back in 2020 and I have just upgraded to the latest release 2.116 but this also did not solve the issue.

This is a snapshot of some of the tables in my data.  The last one 'Table' contains my measures.

campbell_carson_0-1683851883979.png

After going to the relationship page and clicking on 'Table' and looking at the advanced options the table disappears.

campbell_carson_1-1683854302516.png

If I close without saving and reopen the workbook the measures are still there.

What is happening in my file?  This happens in another totally unrelated file also.  How can I stop this from happening as I lost an hours work yesterday when suddenly all my measures disappeared.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@campbell_carson , hope you have not hidden it in model vie, the little eye icon should be open. I have never seen a measure table disappearing in the last few years.

amitchandak_0-1683856619692.png

Thanks @amitchandak I checked and I cannot see the eye.  I have seen this in the past but not now.  I did just try to rename my table from 'Table' to CFC Measures and it seems to be staying at least for now.

I'll try this in my other unrelated workbook and see if it also remains.

Thanks for the prompt support.

campbell_carson_0-1683857168331.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.