Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measure to compare values for each day

Hi everyone,

I hope you're fine. I need your help with a measure that I want to use on one of my reports.

Context : We organize every year an operation that allows our customers to subscribe for cashback, in 2019 it started on the 4th October and continued until the 31st December. This year the operation started on the 10th October and will probably continue until the 31 December. So I need to compare the sum of the subscriptions for each day (1,2,3 etc...) in 2019 and 2020.

Here you can see my tables, the subscriptions are in this table which is daily updated from our data lake :

Then, I created 2 additional tables in which I attributed a day number for each date (2019 and 2020) :

The relations :

Is there anyway to automate this comparison ?

Best regards, 

Othman

2 REPLIES 2
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

According to your description, I can understand what you want but I find it difficult to create the sample data.

Would you like to post some sample data(just the tables this case involved with without sensitive data) and your expected result? So that we can help you in advance.

Thanks very much!

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

luxpbi
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Anonymous,

I hope you are fine as well.

Have you considered to use DATESBETWEEN()?  

If you need more help, you can provide sample data and I can try to deply the solution in your model. 

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.