Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marcopaz
Frequent Visitor

Measure that Ignore a Specific Slicer

Hello, I am trying to create a graphic that plots two S-Curves that compares % Earned vs % Duration:

1- S-Curve with Completed/Inactive projects that look into my dataset, and brings the Average of % Earned for a given % Duration.

2- S-Curve for one selected Active Project that brings the current % Earned for a Given % Duration

The idea is for me to be able to compare my current projects to Historical Previously Completed projects, and see how the active project is performing against the average of historical projects. I managed to generate the graphic below, which is exactaly what I am looking for:

marcopaz_0-1679791226905.png

I do have one problem with Slicers, I wanted to have two different slicer patterns for the same visual:

1- For the Active Project S-Curve, I want to be able to select a specific Contract ID which will draw the S-Curve for the Active Project

2- For the Inactive Project S-Curve, I don't really want it to be filtered by Contract ID, but by other Filters such as "Contract Amount", "Project Type" etc. So the idea is that my client will select some criterias of similar projects of my dataset that will be used to be compared to the Active one.

So I am strugling because I don't know how to make these slicers work idependently for the same visual under two different Measures. I've tried many filter functions, such as ALL, ALLEXCEPT, etc but if I select a Contract ID for an Active Project, the S-Curve for Inactive also gets filtered out. My current solution is to select all project (Active+Inactive) and create a filter inside their measures that filters if they Active or Not. See below:

S-Curve Active Project = 
CALCULATE(
    AVERAGE(fEarnings[S-Curve Max Cumulative Earned]),
    FILTER(fEarnings,fEarnings[ClosestDurationPercentage]<=MAX('S-Curve DurationSequence'[DurationPercentage])),dProjects[Active]="Yes")
S-Curve Inactive Projects = 
CALCULATE(
    AVERAGE(fEarnings[S-Curve Max Cumulative Earned]),
    FILTER(fEarnings,fEarnings[ClosestDurationPercentage]<=MAX('S-Curve DurationSequence'[DurationPercentage])),dProjects[Active]="No")

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
marcopaz
Frequent Visitor

I actually found a solution, just need to create "disconnected tables" that aren't linked into the data model, and it did work perfect

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
marcopaz
Frequent Visitor

I actually found a solution, just need to create "disconnected tables" that aren't linked into the data model, and it did work perfect

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.