Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

HenSza
Frequent Visitor

Measure's value as a filter value

Hi All, 

I have an apparently very simple task but I can't solve that.

I have a measure (Selected supervisor) which contains the actul value of a Swith () function (within multiple ISFILTERED () functions). I can display the acutal value in a Card without any issue. 

I have a table of users, they have a SUPERVISOR ID columns. I want to use the actual value of the measure (Selected supervisor) filtering users in a Table visual (keep rows where Supervisor ID = value of Measure (Seleceted supervisor)).

How can I do that?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to solve the problem. 
I created an additional measrue: 

Matching Supevisor = IF(VALUES(USERS[Supervisor ID]) = [SELECTEDSupervisorID], 1,0)

Than I filtered Matching Supevisor to 1 and got the desired result.

Thank you for your help at all!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ray_aramburo
Super User
Super User

You can't add a measure as a slicer. You can add it in the filters pane though, but you need to be quite explicit on the value the measure has to be equivalent. For example Measure is ID 4, or Measure is not 4, Measure is > 4, etc. 

Did I answer your question? Give your kudos and mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

I understand that I cannot add measure as slicer. The Measure has only one 9 digit number as value (like 980211541) I want to use the actual value (which are changing based on user's interaction) to filter rows. I cannot add measure’s value to filter pane as value for Advanced filtering.

I need something like that:

SuperVisorID
Shows items when the value
is
[the actual value of the Measure]

You can only place a measure in the filter pane cards without referring to an explicit value in Top N type filters, otherwise is not possible.

I was able to solve the problem. 
I created an additional measrue: 

Matching Supevisor = IF(VALUES(USERS[Supervisor ID]) = [SELECTEDSupervisorID], 1,0)

Than I filtered Matching Supevisor to 1 and got the desired result.

Thank you for your help at all!

Great approach!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors