Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

486kyoko
Regular Visitor

Measure in the new table cannot slicing

Hello, 

For me to accommodate combination of a hardcoded text figures of the column Criteria, Category and Target AND DAX measure (average)

486kyoko_0-1641790653362.png

I had to create a separate DAX table using the table conductor function with PowerBI DAX, not Power Query.

Matrix Table = {

("AHT","Individual","15%","615",'Measures Table'[AHT],'Measures Table'[AHT Weight %])

}

The calculation is fine (please don’t worry of the % it is format) and I can use the same measure as guage and/or I use it in the new table I created below.

486kyoko_1-1641790653373.png

but when I use the slicer above, the measure column in the table is NOT changing but the guage visual changes… why is that?

Do I need to create a relation on this for the table I created?? I didn’t not create relationship in the measure but it works in the guage or card though??

486kyoko_2-1641790653378.png

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @486kyoko ,

In power bi, tables and columns are always static, and only measures change dynamically according to the current context.

If you want the measure in the matrix to change dynamically, please establish a relationship between the new table and the context of the measure, and then put the measure in the matrix visual. In this way, the slicer will affect the measure in the matrix visual.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@486kyoko , If you have created a new DAX table that is not dynamic and will not get filtered using a slicer. You have to use a slicer from the column of this new table or join the column of the new table with exiting dimension

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.