Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chulpanvl
Helper I
Helper I

Matrix visual doesn't return last value of a column

Hello everyone!

I am having difficulties in understanding how the Last Value option in a matrix vasiual works.

My matrix contains kpi data across years for different indicators. You see one of them on the screen below.

chulpanvl_0-1678109002483.png

If I hide historical data I want the visual to display data from 2023, which is the last available. However, it doesn't work as I expected since it mixes the data from different periods.

chulpanvl_1-1678109369250.png

Unfortunately, I couldn't replicate this behaviour on mock data. Does anyone have any idea why this happens?

2 REPLIES 2
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@chulpanvl 

When you collapse a matrix hierarchy it shows the data summarized by all the years in your case. if you only need to show year 2023 then apply a visual level filter or create a measure that returns the latest year and assign on the visual filter.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Hi! I don't wanna show 2023 data only. I want to change a summarization method such that the visual shows the latest data (which is as of 2023) when the hierarchy is collapsed and show everything when expanded. Is it possible?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.