Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

DTREAT

Master Date Table Relationship to a Single Table

I have three table that have records in it what are related to work orders and there is a date column for when the record was created. The three tables are not related to one another. Obviously, there can be several records with the same date. I have a master date table that I am trying to incorporate so I can use a single slicer for the visual for this table and two others that are similar. I thought I could just create a relationship between the DataMaster table and the three tables that the visuals are built from but when I do that, it makes the visual go nuts. It's like it is picking up ALL the dates in the master table. I am a novice in Power BI and can't seem to figure out how to build the relationship so it works. Any thoughts?

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I actually figured it out. The issue was that the date master was a type of Date and the other tables had a type of Date/Time. Once I made them all the same it worked!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Daniel29195
Super User
Super User

@DTREAT 

can you please clarify with a screenshot of what is happening in the visual ?

and can you also share the links you have created ? 

thanks

I actually figured it out. The issue was that the date master was a type of Date and the other tables had a type of Date/Time. Once I made them all the same it worked!

Hi Daniel29195,

My apologies for the late response. Here is the linkage I made to the date table:

DTREAT_0-1719255125689.png

And this is what happens:

Before:

DTREAT_2-1719255265896.png

After:

DTREAT_1-1719255174548.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.