Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

LukasH

Map sometimes shows, sometimes not enabled

All users are logged into the same tenant and are using the same power bi file (or actually copies of the same file). Several users reported that the map visual sometimes shows, sometimes not. It seems to be very random when it occurs. Also, it can be that it is blocked for one user and available for the other at te same time. If it is blocked the error states that it is not enabled for our organisation, but it is actually enabled.

I also found the three URLs in this post , but these are accessable for all users (blocked or available). 

Does anyone has some thoughts on how to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@LukasH , It should be enabled at two place.

Desktop

File -> Options and Setting -> Options -> Security - enable Map and shape map

In Power bi Service 

Three Dots on right top- > Setting -> Admin Portal -> Tenant Setting

(Or Gear Sign -> Admin Portal -> Tenant Setting)

Enable Map under intergration setting

Thanks for your reply. I checked with someone who is having problems and both are enabled. 

Just to clarify: Someone can open the dashboard and see that the map is blocked and then later that day open the dashboard to see that the map is visible. All without changing a thing in the settings or even touching something in the dashboard.

i know this post is super old.....but did you ever find a solution for this issue? i am in the same boat and cant seem to find anwers anywhere

HI @LukasH,

According to your description, it sounds more related to power bi service itself.  If the issue appears frequently, it may be related to azure data center status.

Which region do your tenant and dataset host? Please share some more detail to help us clarify and troubelshoot your scenario.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.