Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

latifshaikh145

Map and filled map visuals are disabled

Map and filled map visuals are disabled, please suggest how can I enable it

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Gowtham_Selvam
Resolver I
Resolver I

Go to file ----> Option and settings ----> Options ----> Global(Security)- Enable Map and filled map visuals.Screenshot 2023-03-07 172137.png

If I answered your question,kindly mark it as solution.

Thanks,

GS

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
JS10
Regular Visitor

Checking if there is a registry DWORD to enable Map and Filled Map Visuals?  this is a problem on our campus and users have to go on to the workstation and enable the Map and Filled map visuals.

Found this article  to set in the  Registry Editor,  for AArcG to  navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop key.

1. Create a new REG_DWORD entry in the key with the following name: EnableArcGISMaps
  2. Set the value of that new entry to 0, 1
  3. Restart your computer for the change to take effect.
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

This is not the solution. It is already enabled and in some opportunities it works and in others it does not. It doesn't make sense.

KevinW7
Advocate I
Advocate I

Go to the Admin Portal Tenant Settings (login)

[https://app.powerbi.com/admin-portal/tenantSettings]

Scroll way down to Integration Settings to "Use Azure Maps visual" and "Map filled map visuals"

KevinW7_0-1691416017740.png

Enable the settings for the organization

KevinW7_1-1691416114876.png

KevinW7_2-1691416150504.png

Also Enable SSO gateway

KevinW7_3-1691416224149.png

Test... 

Hit the thumbs up if this was helpful. 

This needs to be marked as the solution, not the other one.

Thanks! This worked

This worked. Thank you for the help.

This is the way

hello, why there's no admin portal menu option on my Power BI? I can see the map visual inside the Power BI desktop but why when I published it to my workspace was disabled? 

Screenshot 2023-11-04 012302.png

inside the Power BI desktopinside the Power BI desktopin the workspace after I publishedin the workspace after I published

Thank you very much Solved but the link shouldn't contain the  [  ] that misled me the first time it is invisible actually for the link visitors

ML24

I found the correct settings to enable the map visualization when creating the report.  However after publishing to Power BI Service, upon retrieving the report, I was not able to see the map.  Stated that I needed the administrator to enable.  I am new to creating and publishing reports.  Is there any setting that has to be changed once the report has been published and shared so users can visualize the map?

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I knew about the possibility of enabling/disabling map visuals from the settings so I already tried that solution. But it still doesn't work even though I have it enabled. One day both the map and the choropletic map were working for me and the next day the problem appeared.

Gowtham_Selvam
Resolver I
Resolver I

Go to file ----> Option and settings ----> Options ----> Global(Security)- Enable Map and filled map visuals.Screenshot 2023-03-07 172137.png

If I answered your question,kindly mark it as solution.

Thanks,

GS

Hi,

I have the same problem here, I tried your solution and it was already enabled. I tried to disable it and restarting the app and re-enabling it again but nothing changed. 

Note: it was already working properly and just stopped working for no reason at all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.