Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Wenny
Frequent Visitor

Manually Create a Chart

Dear All,

I would like to create a rectangular chart as below in Power BI.

I would like to fix the size of each small rectangular and label the x and y axis accordingly.

Is it possible to do it in Power BI? Can I create the small rectangulars based on coordinates?

Appreciate for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks 🙂

Wenny_0-1631179661031.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Wenny 

The current Visuals of Power BI Desktop does not support the function of fixing the X-axis and Y-axis in the rectangular chart . You can try to customize the visuals and then import them to Desktop, which requires a little development skills.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/visuals/import-visual#import-a-visual-file-from-...

Ailsamsft_0-1631587040523.png

Or you can put your ideas and needs in Ideas.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yetao1-msft Thanks for your suggestion. Could you please provide any examples of how to customize the visuals? 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Wenny , You can treemap map, but that does not axis. It does give boxes based on value.  not sure if that can fulfil what you want.

@amitchandak Thanks for that. But it doesn't get what I want. Is it possible to build a new visual ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.