Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

joshua1990
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Managing the User Rights and Permissions in an App

Hello everybody!

I am currently working on an app that consolidates severall datasets and reports.

For now then I'm adding new Viewers I go through "Update up > Permissions" and then add them with the email.

I have seen that these viewers can also download the PBIX file.

Why is that so? How can I manage these permissions?

Is this something I do in Power BI Desktop with the roles? Or is this in Power BI Service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joshua1990 , 

Based on my test, I find that when you grant user "Viewer" in new workspace(Access), then create app and publish it , when user get this app and open the report, there is no download option

819.PNG

You could refer to best-practice-for-power-bi-workspace-roles-setup  for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joshua1990 , 

Based on my test, I find that when you grant user "Viewer" in new workspace(Access), then create app and publish it , when user get this app and open the report, there is no download option

819.PNG

You could refer to best-practice-for-power-bi-workspace-roles-setup  for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.