Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mh2587
Super User
Super User

Make measure to pick auto business year without hardcode it

Hi 
I hope you people are doing well,
I want to change the following dax to get 2021/22 year when I use page filter 2020/21 
Note : The Year Description Coulmn is Type of Text

Revenue 2021/22 = CALCULATE ( SUM ( SALES[Sales] ),
FILTER ( 'CALENDAR',
'CALENDAR'[Year Description] == "2021/22"

))

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

LinkedIn Icon
Muhammad Hasnain

10 REPLIES 10
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@mh2587 did you tried dateadd function, I'm not sure what you have tried so far.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Yup i tried there is a difference in the result As the dateadd function works better on Normal Calendar but didn't as expected on Business Calendar 

LinkedIn Icon
Muhammad Hasnain

Hi @mh2587 ,

What is your 21 for 2020/21, is it the week number?

Can you provide sample data and expected results?

A virtual data model and expected results are sufficient.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@mh2587 it will, it is not using year in the syntax but it uses date column.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Here is one thing more the I am using business calendar not the english calendar , In business calendar the June is first month so it will be difficult for me , how to figure out

LinkedIn Icon
Muhammad Hasnain

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@mh2587 or this, assuming your calendar table is marked as a date table.

DATEADD('Calendar'[Date],1,YEAR)
 )

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

Check my latest video on Filters and Sparklines https://youtu.be/wmwcX8HvNxc

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

The dateadd function will  not work here as Year description data type is text 

LinkedIn Icon
Muhammad Hasnain

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@mh2587 interesting, try this:

ALL('Calendar'),
 )

Check my latest video on Filters and Sparklines https://youtu.be/wmwcX8HvNxc

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@mh2587 change it to this:

)

Learn about conditional formatting at Microsoft Reactor

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

It give same result I want when take the page level filter 20/21 the result should give me the next year value i.e 21/22 

LinkedIn Icon
Muhammad Hasnain

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.