Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

littlemojopuppy
Community Champion
Community Champion

MCSA BI Reporting Certification Prep

Hi!  It is my intention to earn the MCSA BI Reporting certification.  I've already passed the 70-779 (PBI Excel) exam.  Working on preparing for the 70-778 exam.  The exam covers three areas: comsuming and transforming data in PBI Desktop, Modeling and Visualizing Data and Dashboards, Reports and Apps in the PBI Service.  Resources I've used:

• The MS Press 70-778 exam prep book
  • Three courses from Udemy: Power BI Master Class - Consume and Transform Data, Power BI Master Class - Data Modeling and DAX Formulas, and Power BI Master Class - Dashboards and Power BI Service
  • Another course from edX (still in progress): Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI

I tried including links to each of these resources, but apparently linking to them is invalid, but if you Google you'll probably find them.

I use Power BI extensively at work, and I feel very comfortable with the first two topics.  But I've never had responsibility for administering the PBI service so I feel very uncomfortable with the third section.  The online courses don't seem to cover these topics in great detail either.  Plus throw in how rapidly Microsoft is developing Power BI, I wonder if these materials might be somewhat dated.

Can anyone recommend any resources to prepare, especially for the third section of the exam?  Any advice - especially from those who have earned the certification - would be most appreciated!  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

the book from Reza Rad

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Power-Architecture-Deployment-Microsoft/dp/1484240146/ref=sr_1_1?keywords...

covers a lot of the things that are necessary to administer the Power BI Service.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

the book from Reza Rad

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Power-Architecture-Deployment-Microsoft/dp/1484240146/ref=sr_1_1?keywords...

covers a lot of the things that are necessary to administer the Power BI Service.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Thank you!  I took a look at the table of contents and it looks pretty good!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.