Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

GIS87
Frequent Visitor

Local report processing error

I have report in report builder that is filtering by using a where clause in the query.  This is working fine with all the parameters I currently have, however, when I added another parameter (with just another AND statement), I'm getting this error:

The 'Value' expression for the query parameter '@workphaseparam' contains an error: The expression references the parameter 'workphaseparam', which does not exist in the Parameters collection. Letters in the names of parameters must use the correct case.

The process is as follows:

1. Dataset has this as part of the SQL where clause:

"AND workphase=@workphaseparam"

2.  Dataset's Parameters are defined as:
@workphaseparam = [@workphaseparam]

3.  Which ties into the report parameter "workphaseparam".  Is this the Parameters Collection the error is referring to?  The report parameters?  Any insight is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GIS87
Frequent Visitor

Apparently the issue was with the ordering of the parameters.  The settings were fine, but once I moved the parameter higher up on the parameter list, it worked.  I wasn't aware that parameter order mattered.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GIS87
Frequent Visitor

Apparently the issue was with the ordering of the parameters.  The settings were fine, but once I moved the parameter higher up on the parameter list, it worked.  I wasn't aware that parameter order mattered.  

Hi @GIS87 ,

Please consider marking your answer as a solution, this will increase the referral weight for searching similar problems and can help more users who are searching for this question, thanks~

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

GIS87
Frequent Visitor

I have narrowed the issue down to the query parameter.  When I set the parameter value as a defined string value, it works.  When I try to set it as the parameter value, it fails with the referenced error.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.