Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Serj
Frequent Visitor

Loading blocked by failures with other queries

Hi all,

There are already several topics with a similar issue on this forum, however, I haven't found a solution that would work for me. Could you pls kindly advise me on how to deal with it in my case?

I have multiple tables from SharePoint files and local files. When I refresh all of them at once, I get "loading blocked by failures with other queries" for all of them with no exclusion. I even cannot identify which one could cause the failure of loading. When I refresh them one by one, everything is perfect and there is no error for any of them. What could be a reason of that and in which direction should I investigate further? Thanks in advance!

Serj_0-1668803905821.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Serj ,

This issue should be caused by something wrong in any data source refreshing. 

How did you check your data source? Here I suggest you to refresh each table in Power Query Editor and check which one will return error in refreshing. Then do some troubleshooting on the error. 

As far as I know, many times these issue may be caused by invalid or incorrect data source credential.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Serj ,

This issue should be caused by something wrong in any data source refreshing. 

How did you check your data source? Here I suggest you to refresh each table in Power Query Editor and check which one will return error in refreshing. Then do some troubleshooting on the error. 

As far as I know, many times these issue may be caused by invalid or incorrect data source credential.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-rzhou-msft ,

I identified a problem in one of the Helper Queries that referred to an old datasource location not existing anymore. Once I removed it, the refreshing went well. However, it really took a while to find a problem with a single query out of 100+ other ones. Thank you!

Serj
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Syk. I have just double-checked. The issue is exactly as I described - I get the "Loading blocked by failures with other queries" error for ALL the tables. What could it be?

Syk
Super User
Super User

I'd recommend scrolling through those errors. Typically when you have that there is at least 1 table that is having an issue (other than loading blocked).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.