Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BornSylvest

Live connection to multidim cube - data source not does not spport a live connection

Trying to connect to a cube - processed by our CPM system Tagetik - it tells that it can not support exploring with a live connection ?

How to correct that in the source ?

PBI.png

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also interested, any update?

parry2k
Super User
Super User

Quick question, can you explore your cube from excel. I also use Cube (MD) and never had an issue. Wondering if there is anything on cube side. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Yes - cube works perfect from XLS and XlCubed also.

Its a cube processed by a CPM tool Tagetik - i dont know why its now accessable form here.

Hi BornSylvest. We are looking for a way to connect to Tagetik from Power BI and I found this (old) thread. Hopefully you can point me the right path.

Of course I can connect Power BI to the Tagetik SQL database. But to avoid having to build all table relations, we prever to connect to the MDX cube. (How) can that be done? It doesn's matter if it's an Import or an Direct Query. Can we connect to the Tagetik cube and what are the things we have to take into account (if there are any)?

Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.