Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shoaibshaikh

Live Power BI Online Dashboards

Hi All!

I have struggled with having my dashboards on Power BI online in sync with the latest data. My setup is as follows: The IT guys where I work have provided me with a Stored Procedure which when run/refreshed would give me the latest data. The data set size is fixed which means that the new data is not being added in rows but being updated for each row. Previously I used Power Query to pull the data into Excel and created a dashboard which I could set to refresh every minute and also on demand. As Excel is not really a reporting/dashboard tool I bumped into some issues around sharing the report with multiple staff. In passing, I found Power BI and recreated the report in Power BI Desktop and have 'published' it to the online portal. The challenge I am facing is the report refresh. My team used the Excel dashboard to get live results by on-demand and scheduled refresh at few minutes intervals (which essentially made the report almost live/real-time). I can't seem to recreate that in BI online. I want them to be able to refresh the browser and have the latest data pulled through from the stored procedure giving them the most up-to-date dashboard. Is this even possible? any help would be great.

Thanks,

Sho

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Power Bi can implement the features you describe.
You can refer to these articles:

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Power Bi can implement the features you describe.
You can refer to these articles:

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.