Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rudz
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

List of DirectQuery data sources?

I need a list of DirectQuery data sources. This page Use DirectQuery in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn says:

> For a summary of the sources that support DirectQuery, see Data sources supported by DirectQuery

That page has no such list. Where did it go?

6 REPLIES 6
Rudz
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

It doesn't look like there is a consolidated list any more. What you can do is go here: List of all Power Query connectors - Power Query | Microsoft Learn and then find your data source (eg. Power Query Oracle database connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn) and then check the Capabilities Supported section: 

Rudz_0-1689261986238.png

otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

I filed an issue on Github. This type of documentation gap is quite frankly unacceptable.

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
------------------------------------------------
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals
arpansgupta

I am also looking for a consolidated page from microsoft official documentation. Does anyone find it already?

Dont know where Microsoft has put this page now.

TheFatherLizard
Regular Visitor

I am trying to find this list as well - the link provided above still points to the Use DirectQuery in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn page which has no list..

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @Rudz ,

check this article, it has a list of datasources as you asked for https://radacad.com/directquery-connection-in-power-bi-how-does-it-work-limitations-and-advantages

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution so it would appeare to others, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks! I found this too, but it's almost a year old. That can be horribly out of date at the speed Power BI sometimes moves! I was hoping to find the official Power BI list. It seems like it is gone now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.