Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Rudz
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

List of DirectQuery data sources?

I need a list of DirectQuery data sources. This page Use DirectQuery in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn says:

> For a summary of the sources that support DirectQuery, see Data sources supported by DirectQuery

That page has no such list. Where did it go?

6 REPLIES 6
Rudz
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

It doesn't look like there is a consolidated list any more. What you can do is go here: List of all Power Query connectors - Power Query | Microsoft Learn and then find your data source (eg. Power Query Oracle database connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn) and then check the Capabilities Supported section: 

Rudz_0-1689261986238.png

otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

I filed an issue on Github. This type of documentation gap is quite frankly unacceptable.

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
------------------------------------------------
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals
arpansgupta

I am also looking for a consolidated page from microsoft official documentation. Does anyone find it already?

Dont know where Microsoft has put this page now.

TheFatherLizard
Regular Visitor

I am trying to find this list as well - the link provided above still points to the Use DirectQuery in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn page which has no list..

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @Rudz ,

check this article, it has a list of datasources as you asked for https://radacad.com/directquery-connection-in-power-bi-how-does-it-work-limitations-and-advantages

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution so it would appeare to others, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks! I found this too, but it's almost a year old. That can be horribly out of date at the speed Power BI sometimes moves! I was hoping to find the official Power BI list. It seems like it is gone now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.