Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Michaela_Onu
Employee
Employee

Link measure to a certain period

Hi everyone, 

I am creating a dashboard that tracks revenue over years and gives an outlook on the future revenue based on several factors. In a graph, I would need to show past revenue for closed years and estimated revenue for the current year. While the factors I base the Estimated part on are all linked with time (past months for revenue we already have, future months for scheduled revenue we expect, estimated revenue from some deals our sellers have in a pipeline), once I created the measure itself, it is time-independent. For that reason, once I get to creating the graph and use the sum of (Actual past revenue) for the past years and (Estimated revenue) for this year, the Estimated revenue gets "spread" over the years and inflates the past revenue. 

I thought this would be an easy fix, maybe some function that links the Estimated revenue to just the current year? But couldn't find any. Will be most grateful for any help. 

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Michaela_Onu ,

Could you share some sample data and more details about your requirement?

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.