Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JosephTurner

Link PowerBI to Akixi Call Data with API

I have Akixi which is software that tracks all call data in my company (simplified summary) and would like to get this data into PowerBI. I think it involves APIs as when i try to paste the generic report URL into: Get Date > Web, it asks for an API. I can't find anyone on the internet at all who has managed to connect Akixi to PowerBI but i feel this would be revloutionary for me if I could figure out how.

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JosephTurner 

You can try the following:

First, you need to get your API credentials from Akixi. This includes the API key,  username and password. You can obtain these credentials by contacting Akixi technical support or referring to the Akixi documentation.

Familiarize yourself with the Akixi API documentation to understand the available endpoints, request formats, and retrievable data.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yuliax

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xuxinyi-msft 

I really appreciate the guidance so far. Unfortunately Akixi do not have technical support for this kind of thing, however they do have documentation: Akixi Developer Portal.

After reading the documentation, I somewhat understand how to build the different elements of the API. However I am unsure how to incorperate it into PowerBI. I assume it is done through the advanced editor in PowerQuery, however I am not sure the relevant steps to make it work for getting reports and authenticating them with credentials. 

Would you say I create a seperate query for each step (Authentication -> Logon -> Logoff, etc) or would you say that it should be created in one singular query with logical steps throughout?

Sorry for all the questions, I am new to PowerBI and I am trying to push the limits.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.