Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Bryan_Schmidt
Helper I
Helper I

Lines on line chart not displaying correctly relative to each other

The lines below are not displaying correctly relative to each other. The light blue line is a 28 day average and the dark blue line is the maximum value for the same period. The dark blue line should always be above the other line because the values are always greater. It appears the Y-axis for the maximum value line (secondary Y-axis) is slightly below that of the other Y-axis. If the maximum value is placed on the Y-axis and average value placed on the secondary Y-axis, the problem still remains. What changes should I try making to fix this? Is there another visual that would be better to use? If so, please advise which one.

Bryan_Schmidt_0-1683314711195.png

3 REPLIES 3
Bryan_Schmidt
Helper I
Helper I

I haven't received a response to my second question: Is there a way to adjust the scale of the Y-axis (or anything else) that would cause the lines to have more distance between them and thus make it easier to read without having to enlarge the graph? I am repeating it here to make it more visible than it was in my previous response. If I don't receive a response I can live with what I'm currently doing and will indicate my previous response as the solution to my question. This will cause the system to stop asking me if I have found a solution.

Bryan_Schmidt
Helper I
Helper I

I fixed the problem by placing all three fields on the Y-axis and not using the secondary Y-axis. The only problem is this makes the lines very close together, but this is solved by making the graph taller. Is there a way to adjust the scale of the Y-axis (or anything else) that would cause the lines to have more distance between them and thus make it easier to read without having to enlarge the graph? The range of the Y-axis is currently set to auto for minimum and maximum which appears to be correct for the data range. If it's possible to keep the graph smaller while showing more space between the lines it would permit having more graphs per page.

Bryan_Schmidt_1-1683322518377.png

proje2.JPGproje3.JPGproje7.JPGproje8.JPGproje13.JPGproje14.JPGproje19.JPGproje20.JPGproje25.JPGproje26.JPGproje31.JPGproje32.JPGproje37.JPGProje38.JPGProje43.JPGProje44.JPGProje49.JPGProje50.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.