Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

goncz
Frequent Visitor

Line graph points at edge of plot

I am trying to create a line graph that displays a count of specific jobs done per month. The table looks something like this:

MonthHoursJob
Jan3Cleaning
Jan4Cleaning
Mar7Cleaning
Mar5Repair
Apr6Cleaning

The wanted line graph should then show a count of the "Cleaning" job per month. The wanted result should look something like this:

goncz_1-1635925014683.png

But what I have right now look like this:

goncz_2-1635925066917.png

The problem is that the points are barely visible and halfway outside the plot. So my problem is, I need a way to dynamically set the limits of the Y-axis such that the points don't end up like this. I could set a fixed range for the Y-axis, but since some jobs range between 1-3 and some jobs from 80-100, a fixed Y-axis wouldn't be the best.

Is there some way for solving this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@goncz , on scatter(line) plot, take a month on the axis and Job as a legend and then try.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @goncz ,

Does the replies above solve your problem? If it has been solved, please mark the correct reply as the standard answer to help the other members find it more quickly.Thank you very much for your kind cooperation!

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@goncz , on scatter(line) plot, take a month on the axis and Job as a legend and then try.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.