Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mateoc15
Advocate I
Advocate I

Line chart with multiple lines (Values field is gone?)

I'm apparently using an updated version of PBI Desktop that has removed the "Values" field from the Visualizations pane.  I can't revert versions, etc. etc. so I'm just trying to deal with it and learn.  Here's what I need.

I have a data set with a Person ID and the number of hours it took them to call me.  I have created three fields based on the hours and just bucketed them by 3 hour, 12 hour, and 24 hour buckets (example - doesn't match data below but same concept).  I want each of those three to be a different colored line with the hours on the X axis.  I want the number of unique Person ID on the Y axis.  In old PBI I would have put those three values in the "Values" field on the Visualizations pane.  But that no longer exists.  All I have is X-axis, Y-axis, secondary axis, and legend.  Here's an example of the data.

mateoc15_0-1684765559407.png

I just need help with what goes in each of the new X-axis, Y-axis, secondary, and legend fields.  They make zero sense to me.  Bring back my Values!!!  Basic idea:

mateoc15_0-1684765962939.png

mateoc15_0-1684766124205.png

This is NOT the answer for me.  The "New format pane" isn't even an option in the Preview features
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Value-field-gone/td-p/2652166

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.