Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Unicorn_Tech
Resolver I
Resolver I

Line Graph Visual

I have a table visual in Power BI that shows

'new_country'[Country Name]
'archive'[2022]
'archive'[2023]
'current'[area]

archive and current tables are related to new_country by country_value.

The table looks fine, but I want to turn this into a linegraph, measuring growth from 2022 to current.  Simply chosing the line graph visual doesn't work - can I get some advice on how I can transform my data so that I can have this line graph visual?

Original table below
license per year blur.png
Attempt at line graph - the issue is that i don't have a single column called "Values", of different types of 2022, 2023 and current.

line graph.pngfilters for line graph.png
4 REPLIES 4
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

That's a bit more helpful but I need to see a data sample of the original tables (Archive and current)

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

There's not enough info to help you.

Have a read of this and repost please.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/3095... 

Hi.  I added screenshots.  I'm not sure what else to do here.

Hi @Unicorn_Tech 

Perhaps you can describe the desired outcome of the line chart. Based on my understanding, there are three relevant fields needed: Year, Country and Values. If you hope to have Year on X-axis and Values on Y-axis, you have to transform data into a table which has all years in 'Year' column and all values in 'Values' column. Then you can probably use a slicer to hold the Country column, and use it to filter countries. You can also add Country to Legend of the line chart, thus every country will have a line on the chart. You can also try adding Country to Small multiples, thus every country will have a line chart visual. 

Best Regards,
Jing

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors