Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mrouton
Frequent Visitor

Line Chart to Show Daily Increase

I currently have the following data and I'm trying to create a chart that will show a diagonal increase from the Start Date to the End Date increasing each day by the Points Per Day (for example: for version 1, day 1 would show 4.08, day 2 would show 8.16,  day 3 would show 12.24, etc.)

Version       Start Date       End Date       Total Points       Number of Days       Points Per Day

1                 8/2/2018        9/8/2018        151                   37                             4.08

2                 9/9/2018        10/16/2018    160                   37                             4.32

I have created a Measure to use as the value for the chart, but it is showing a horizontal line of just the Points Per Day and not a cumulative increase per day when I use a slicer on the Version.  I would appreciate any assistance with the DAX to generate the diagonal daily increase that I'm looking for.

Cumulative Points = Sumx(filter('PointsPerDay',max('DateDimension'[DateKey])<='PointsPerDay'[End Date] && MAX(DateDimension[DateKey])>='PointsPerDay'[Start Date]),calculate(sum(PointsPerDay[Points Per Day]),filter('PointsPerDay',max('DateDimension'[DateKey])<='PointsPerDay'[End Date] && max(DateDimension[DateKey])>='PointsPerDay'[Start Date])))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@mrouton,

You can firstly create a custom column in Query Editor to list all dates between start date and end date, then calculate the daily increase usin DAX. For more details, please review attached PBIX file.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@mrouton,

You can firstly create a custom column in Query Editor to list all dates between start date and end date, then calculate the daily increase usin DAX. For more details, please review attached PBIX file.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.