Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Line Chart - How to show full year axis by month BUT stop plotting data past current month

Does anyone know or have a workaround that will show the months for a full year in a Line Chart, and at the same time have the data cut off at the current year month?

This is my data where the measure is counting all the rows in the table. I want to see all the months in the year

pbiuser001_0-1663204997770.png

This is my data where the measure is counting all the rows in the table WITH modified measure to show ZERO for months with no data. I don't want the line to keep running past the current month

pbiuser001_1-1663205043558.png

Why can't I get it to show the full year and only plot line up to the curren month??

Edit:

The 'Show zero for nulls' works for a Bar Chart, but why does it not work for the Line Chart? 😞

pbiuser001_0-1663209279207.png

5 REPLIES 5
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share the link from where i can download your PBI file.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Ashish_Mathur  I'm sorry I can't do that due to the information in the file. 

I basically have a calendar table connected to a fact table, and counting the rows from the fact table 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can try click format. 

Gustavo98_0-1663210799072.png

Then axis X.

And in End option you can open the calendar and click today date.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to be an issue that only affects the line chart, the method to show 0 instead of blank works or bar graphs. 

pbiuser001_0-1663209208839.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous  I can't see that setting on my graph 😞

pbiuser001_0-1663208228996.png

I think it's because I am using the "Month & Year" from my calendar table instead of the "Date" because I don't want to see data plotted against each individual day (needs to be grouped by month)

Would there be any other options?

Helpful resources

Announcements
OCT PBI Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - October 2024

Check out the October 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

October NL Carousel

Fabric Community Update - October 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.