Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vazmor
Helper II
Helper II

Like for Like or Not Like on the current Year.

Hello.
I have a fact table with days, store, and sales. I have used a manual table that identifies dislike for the similar state, to assign one five LFL states (LFL, New, Closed, Travel, Transfer) to each line of the fact table.

Visual correctly shows the sales by day / week and the store sorted by LFL status for the current year, but when you calculate the last year for comparison, the status picks up the index of the last year, not current date. Current year may be LFL but last year NEW or on example New but last year Transfer.

Tried REMOVEFILTERS on LFL dimension table, it shows last year's sales in each LFL status column as expected.

How to make it show only where the store and date have current year sales, ignoring the previous year's LFL status on the relevant line in the fact table, or an alternative?

I need to get to the values of the image when I filter for example New Door, the values of last year must be the ones shown in the table called new door, so on with each filter.
Thanks.

vazmor_0-1629250128862.png

File Test Download 

Sales Value LY LFL = 
VAR CustomersInvoices = 
    ADDCOLUMNS (
        VALUES ( Fac_Sales[ID_LFL] ), -- Use Customers table if you have one
         "AmountCurrentMonth", [Sales Value],
        "AmountPreviousMonth", CALCULATE ( [Sales Value],CROSSFILTER('Calendar'[Date],'dDate'[Date],OneWay),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(dDate[Date]) )
    )
VAR CustomersWithGrowth =
    FILTER ( CustomersInvoices, [ID_LFL] =[ID_LFL] )
VAR Result =
  SUMX ( CustomersWithGrowth,[AmountPreviousMonth])
RETURN Result

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vazmor ,

Sorry for that the information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me.

please provide me with more details about your expected output.

In case you want to show current as well as last year based on an only one year selection in slicer. I'd suggest you create a new table for year slicer and then create a flag measure for filter.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, what I need, for example, in the image there is a table called New Door, I need that when in the PBIX file I filter through a slicer what New Door says, those New Door values appear from the image that is marked in yellow .

The problem is that when I filter New door and calculate last year, it filters out New doors from last year, but I still lack a store that was Transfer, so I need to take the current stores and bring me last year's from them stores no matter if they were previously Transfer, New Door, etc.

I have already tried multiple measures, even creating a viartual table using Summarize, Addcolumns, etc. and still can't get the desired result.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.