Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kaviprakash
Frequent Visitor

Level measure at a specific level

Hi,

I have a employee table which is associated with Program's table. These together will provide the information about the employees who participated or not participated on program sessions. I have built a measure for number of employees who participated on sessions which gets changed according to program name selection and I would like to build a measure to count the total number of employees on employee table which never changes according to program name. 

To be precise I have a slicer on top of program name and I have a card on top of number of total employees. When the user choses a specific program on the slicer, the count on card should not change whereas it will be static always. How can I achieve this ? 

In microstrategy I can create a level metric at employeeid level, so the metric will always produce the same count regardless of program names. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The following CROSS FILTER function worked which isolates employee from program_participation.

Number of Employees - Demographics Level = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Employee[Employee_ID]), CROSSFILTER(Employee[Employee_ID], Program_Participation[Employee_ID], none))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kaviprakash ,

What is the relationship between employee table and Program's table. How about setting the relationship to both to check again?

2.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

The following CROSS FILTER function worked which isolates employee from program_participation.

Number of Employees - Demographics Level = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Employee[Employee_ID]), CROSSFILTER(Employee[Employee_ID], Program_Participation[Employee_ID], none))
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kaviprakash - You can create a new measure, that will be used in the card. It will look something like the following. Note: This will always show the number of rows in the employee table - never affected by any slicers.

Number of Employees = COUNTROWS(ALL('Employee'))

I hope this helps. If it does, please Mark as a solution.
I also appreciate Kudos.
Nathan Peterson

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.