Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JanPortmann

Legend on two rows

Hi guys,

I'm new to Power BI and have an easy question, but online I couldn't find anything about this..

I have a chart with many variabels and want to use a legend on top. However, the terms are quite long (I don't want to shorten them). If I want to all items visible, I need to make the chart unnecessarily wide. Kinda like this:

image.png

If I narrow the chart, the items are no longer visible on the first view. Like this:

image.png

Is there an option to force the legend items to switch to a second row instead of hiding?

Thanks for the help 🙂

Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @JanPortmann 

I would suggest you change the position to 'right' for Legend.

a1.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Changing it to 'Right' makes the legend a vertical list on the right of the chart.

Ah I see. I think that this option is presented to me as "Top right stacked". While it does work to make all of the legend values visible it does eat up a large proportion of the visual for only the legend. It would be great if there was an additional option of having two rows of values stacked at the top of the visual. 

renew369

I have the same problem. I have a legend with multiple values and I cannot find a way to make the legend appear in two rows. I simply want the legend to be on top of the figure, and adjust the figure height such that the legend fits

Nikola237
Advocate II
Advocate II

Three isn't a way to continue the legend in the next row?

v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @JanPortmann 

I would suggest you change the position to 'right' for Legend.

a1.png

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I'm confused as to how this actually solves the problem? It seems like this wouldn't actually change anything within the original problem other than shifting the values a few pixels to the right. Since there are too many legend options they will still be cut off.

What if I have many values in legend and they just simply not fited to chart and have monit Too many values

I have the same question. Moving the legend around is not a good solution when there are many legend values.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.