Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead Owner Missing in Salesforce Object

Hi Everyone,

I am attempting to import Salesforce data into power bi as an object to get past the 2000 row limit. I have imported the "Lead" object but cannot seem to find the lead owner column in the query. I know lead owner data is collected because the lead owner is available in a Salesforce report, but I am wondering where it would be as an object, there are so many nests inside of the Lead object, which makes me wonder if it is buried somewhere. Any suggestions on how to go about this one?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

I am not sure if this article can be of help: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/connectors/salesforceobjects

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

In case anyone else runs into this problem here is the solution I have found to work.

Step 1:

Import the "User" object from Salesforce. This object will give you a unique ID and name for each Salesforce User. In the case of the company I work for, this is the marketing team, sales team, and a few others. Delete the columns you do not need and use this table as a "User fact table".

Lead Owner Step 1.PNG

Step 2:

In the lead object, at least in my case, there was no lead owner name to be found, but there was an owner id associated with each lead. This will be used to identify the name of your lead owner.

Lead Owner Step 2.PNG

Step 3:

Establish a "one to many" relationship with the ID in your "User Fact Table" and the "Owner ID' in your lead table.

Lead Owner Step 3.PNG

Step 4:

Now you can see your lead information by name. Just use the "name" from the "User Fact Table" in your visuals.

LeadOwner Step 4.jpg

I hope this helps someone!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors