Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MadhuReddy
Helper I
Helper I

Lapsed and Reactivated customers

Hello all,

I am new to Power BI, I am trying to create a report where needs to calculate total lapsed customers and reactivated customers.

Lapsed customers : 

Customers who are not made any sales for last 12 months . Example If we take June 2018 , it should look back 12 months get number of customers who have not made any sales.

Reactivated customers: 

Customers who purchased after 12months of lapsed period. Example If we take June 2018 it should only count customers who have not made any sales for last 12 months but purchased this month. 

I have looked few examples here like below :

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Calculating-lapsed-and-reactivated-customers-month-by-month/...

As I am new ,what I have done so far is I have loaded data into file (Table name :' Value Entry'  and fields are 'Customer No_','Posting Date ' (format '2018-07-16 00:00:00.000') and 'Order No_'.  Would I need any more fields ? 

And I know I have to create a measure by DAX. Please help me with the script.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Madhu

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi MadhuReddy,

"Customers who purchased after 12months of lapsed period. Example If we take June 2018 it should only count customers who have not made any sales for last 12 months but purchased this month. "

<--- Could you please clarify more details about your requriement? For example, "take June 2018", does it mean you want to create a slicer based on your calendar column and achieve some aggregation value based on your selection.  If possible, can you share a mockup so that I can do further analysis on your requirement.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

@v-yuta-msft Hi Jimmy,

Did you get a chance to have a look. Please let me know if there are any questions.

Thank you for your time.

Best

Madhu

Any thoughts anyone ? 

Hi Jimmy, @v-yuta-msft

I have data in the table starting from 2007. My requirement is to fnd the trend in customer churn. Lets do one by one Please.

To explain Lapsed : Company started in 2007 and In the month of Jan they had 100 customer, I want to See how all 100 customers behavior for at Feb 2008. Take all those 100 customers based on customersNo look if they appeared in other months in 2007 ,if they appear then they are not lasped, if some of them did not order for next 12 months,I would like to count them as lapsed.  It goes month by month Feb 2007 customers both new and old (new customers are who joned new in Feb 2007 and old customers are from Jan 2007) in March 2008.There won't be lapsed customers for 2007 as we are checking for 12 months gap.

Please let me know if anything is unclaer. And The link I have given in the main message is similar to my requirement.  

Below is sample data  results are next.

Sample dataSample data

Expected results example:Lapsed resultsLapsed results

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.